We are looking for a personable, organised and brand-obsessed Head of Customer Success to join our fast-growing marketing tech startup and lead the CS team.
Working with some of the most exciting and cutting edge brands to help them grow through the power of their passionate customers, we’re looking for someone with a track record of implementing operational systems and processes, as well as experience in mentoring a growing world-class Customer Success team. You will lead the team that is responsible for the day to day delivery of our services, from implementation to ongoing support and customer retention.
Duel was founded by world-record-breaking adventurer and former brand ambassador Paul Archer, alongside viral games developer Naio Tsarouchis. They set out to develop both the technology and methodology that enables purpose-led brands to drive organic growth, powered by communities of advocates.
Duel’s Brand Advocacy Platform allows brands to do just that - scaling how they manage their relationships with thousands of advocates. This unprecedented ability to manage their communities is built around programs that engage and retain customers, accelerating word-of-mouth sales.
The Duel team is made up of psychologists, brand experts and community builders from companies including Amazon and Lululemon. The platform is used by brands such as Monica Vinader, Frugi, Rab, KUHL and Beauty Pie, and the team has consulted for over 450 brands including Amex, Travelex, M&S, Philips, Boots, Schuh and TopShop.
The Duel team is also especially proud of being featured in Gartner’s ‘Cool Vendor’ Retail Marketing category.
As you can probably tell, at Duel, we are obsessed with helping our brands get organic growth through the word-of-mouth of their communities. We take this to heart with our own community and so you'll play a key role in turning our customers into advocates and assisting in the growth of our own amazing community of brand builders.
Our Head of Customer Success will be the voice of both the end-user and our Brand Partners and use that voice to influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across Duel.
- Working with Duel’s CEO & Head of Ops to set the Customer Success strategy and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and leading the Customer Success team to success in achieving those goals
- Working closely with the Duel development team to provide technical support for customers and feedback on new features or products, becoming an integral part of steering the direction of the product
- Ensure every Brand Partner is successful with the Duel technology and is happy can’t live without it
- Stay up to date on market trends within the consumer marketing world
- Drive customer outcomes, product adoption and customer experience
- You will spend all day using, deploying and thinking about how the software can best support organic growth for brands - ultimately, through your hands-on approach to the software, you will play one of the most important roles in steering the direction of the Duel product.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference ability
- Define and optimise the Brand Partner lifecycle by driving initiatives to improve engagement approaches based on collected data and leading a culture of continuous improvement
- Radically build upon our documentation to increase the scalability of our platform & reduce customer support messages
- Create relationships and connect with prospective and current accounts - including CMO level brand builders
- Build and lead world-class team:
- Deliver transformational leadership that creates a highly motivated and engaged team. Being a mentor and a role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the company.
- Recruit and develop a high performing team - taking the CS team from 5 to 10 over the next 12 months
- Develop company-wide customer success motion integrating processes, content and data to/from stakeholder organizations (e,g., Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering, etc)
- Drive operational practices to track the performance of teams and individuals
- You’ll have a personable, warm and inviting personality - you work well in a team and people generally want to be around you
- A firm eye for commercials - including figuring out how to strike the right balance for the services and support offered to our broad range of customer segments. You will work closely with the sales team in this capacity so it’s key!
- Tech-savvy, with a proven interest in using software to run your life. You’re eager to learn and comfortable picking up new skills on-the-fly
- Brand-obsessed, innately knows what makes great brands great
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (people who mix up your and you’re fill you with rage)
- A natural networker - Creating meaningful working relationships is important to you
- Attentive to detail with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask and prioritise tasks in what is guaranteed to be a constantly changing environment
- Able to work well by yourself and in a team
- Passion for the brands, start-ups and the tech sector
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Proven experience in a similar role within a SaaS start-up PREFERRED
- Experience leading a customer success team
- Proven experience leading teams, driving new and expansion sales, driving software adoption and leveraging customer success best practices
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- Full remote option - we’re a remote-first company, so If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing. Ideally, we would like you to come to London around once a month to connect with the team.
- 25 days holiday (and we don’t really count)
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- We’re on a mission to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
range £50,000 — 80,000
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.