About BBC Maestro
BBC Maestro (www.bbcmaestro.com) is a service provided by Maestro Media in partnership with BBC Studios, on a mission to revolutionise the way we fuel our creative dreams and ambitions.
Our educational courses are delivered by some of the most experienced creators in the world, and crafted to give our learners the techniques, tools, confidence, and inspiration to ignite their passion and develop fundamental skills in different aspirational subjects.
Following a successful launch with David Walliams, Gary Barlow, Jed Mercurio and Marco Pierre White, we are scaling quickly with global artists such as Mark Ronson, Helena Bonham Carter, Sir Tim Rice amongst many others, all signed up.
We’re continuing to bring in exciting new celebrity talent, to build and improve the technology base, whilst developing a deeper and richer consumer experience, and service.
About the role
We are looking for a strong Product Lead and drive the expansion of our platform through both optimising the market fit of the service and developing new features and product offerings.
This is an incredibly exciting time for the platform with a solid and well performing responsive web MVP in place, providing the foundations for the Product Lead to define and own the roadmap for scaling, through UX and customer research, competitor analysis, and product data analysis.
The Product Lead should ultimately be responsible for the ‘why?’ of the technology roadmap, building out strategic plans and overseeing their delivery through our technical team and with our cross-functional design and content team.
The Product Lead reports directly to the MD.
- Hands on ability to plan sprints and agree technical/engineering priorities.
- Ability to run day to day product development and backlog management.
- Strong product analytics skills, with the ability to review data to make informed decisions on product optimisation.
- Ability to clearly monitor and disseminate key product metrics in relation to the service.
- Great understanding of design and UX best practices and experience in designing for premium media content brands.
- Ability to source, recruit, and supervise key product development staff as the team and company grows.
- Ability to own customer and user research and definition, and use it to steer product development plans.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to clearly keep key stakeholders informed on product plans and development progress, as well as providing direction to members of the design and development teams.
Over the next 6 – 12 months the key focus of the role will be to:
- Develop long term product development culture in the business.
- Build UX and customer research processes and methodologies, building them into the product development cycle.
- Work closely with CTO to build out a clear strategic product roadmap for the next 6 months.
- Manage outsourced partners and third parties associated with the product.
- Oversee A/B testing and optimisation programme.
- Lead technical scoping and architecture definition for major future projects such as Mobile and TV apps.
- Manage the product development team on a day-to-day basis.
Requirements and Qualifications
Ideally your experience will include;
- Work as a Product Lead/Product Owner for at least 5 years and/or Senior Project Manager for 10 years.
- BA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, ideally with certifications.
- Knowledge of digital ecosystems and exposure to previous technical product development.
- Strong understanding of web and mobile systems architecture, design and technical development with ideally exposure to open-source stack including ruby-on-rails, PostgreSQL, cloud architecture and API driven system integration with services like Stripe, OAuth, MailChimp, Intercom, AWS, Heroku, CloudFront, etc.
- Experience in digital marketing (driving traffic to site, tagging/tracking, PPC, SEO, CRM, etc) and GDPR compliance.
- Previous experience in video transcoding, processing, streaming products will be ideal.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills .
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinking and vision for the product.
- Ability to write clear user stories and other agile artifacts.
An organised intelligent, pro-active and friendly person who is interested and passionate in content driven businesses.
Dependent on experience
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume