At Stairway, we make learning STEM fun and effective. We do this for two reasons.
First, we believe that to create a generation of people able to solve the major challenges in the world, we need to inspire students to want to solve them. This begins by inspiring them to enjoy learning STEM, and motivating them to continue learning for the rest of their lives. Schools still focus on teaching kids to pass exams, and they lose interest. We want to change that, and help students discover their passion in STEM subjects.
Second, we want to make high-quality education available to students of all backgrounds. Educational opportunity is not evenly distributed, and this isn't fair. All students need access to great education to give them the best chances in life, and societies need access to the best possible scientists and technologists. We believe that technology will be an equalising force, by providing students all over the world with effective, engaging and personalised education at an affordable price.
Education has the power to fix almost every other problem in the world. It's the foundation of your life, and deeply influences the choices you make and the opportunities available to you. Many people around the world don't have the luxury of great education, so their choices and opportunities are inherently limited.
What would happen if every single child around the world had access to the same level of education as one of London's top performing schools? What would happen if all students dreamt of becoming scientists, engineers, makers and builders? We are interested in answering these questions.
We're looking for someone who wants to make an impact. Education remains relatively untouched by technology. In fact, we still learn in broadly the same way as we did 100 years ago.
We're looking for a Product Designer to take on the challenge of designing a new way to learn, and bring that experience to students across the world; many of whom would otherwise not have access. We're looking for someone who thrives on meaningful work, and is willing to take a long-term view of how we can change an industry.
- Lead UX, UI and visual design in the development of new products and features
- Work with founders and wider product team to define the scope of products
- Work with the product team to quickly prototype ideas, and both collaborate internally and test externally to iterate on prototypes
- Take part in user research, to help identify problems, test assumptions and inspire solutions
- Work across many design tools at various levels of fidelity and interactivity
- Develop, expand and impose our design system
- Develop our brand identity, through illustration and character design
- Create delight through motion design
- At least 3 years relevant design experience at a product-driven company in tech
- Strong skills across the design spectrum. In order: UX, interaction design, visual design.
- Systems thinking, and the ability to architect a shared design language of patterns and behaviour
- Are passionate about creating the best UX in education
- Want to take ownership of design for an early-stage product
- Love spending 90% of your time creating designs/prototypes and speaking to users
- Demonstrate a strong bias for action
- Constantly push yourself to make your work pixel-perfect, and believe that the smallest details make all the difference
- Empathise deeply with users' problems, and love using your design toolkit to solve these problems creatively
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume