The Maitre d’ at Crêperie du Village is responsible for a smooth day-to-day operation during the seasonal operation of the restaurant and will also maintain service levels in regards to standards and procedures established by Crêperie du Village, physical upkeep and cleanliness of the facility and promotes positive guest feedback. The essential function of the job is to complete tasks and projects delegated by the owners and its representatives to either assists with or manage the following departments as business volumes and staff levels demand: Training of Staff, Communicates Memos to other Staff Members, Oversees the Floor Operation & Daily Opening & Closing Procedures;
The Maitre d’ helps to not only streamline the establishment’s operation but also to achieve the restaurant’s operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans. The Maitre d’ can also add value to an organization by contributing to the effectiveness of established procedures. It is an important position for identifying out-dated practices and helping develop continual improvement processes for the organization.
Staff Interaction & FOH Supervision
- Continually trains and supervises FOH staff in accordance with established restaurant standards and procedures as needed
- Provides FOH staff with selling techniques
- Ensures FOH staff assumes all their assigned responsibilities
- Communicates with the chef and kitchen
- Conducts daily staff-meetings prior to service, covering reservations, specials and procedure reviews
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the facility daily.
- Ensures employees are punctual and in proper attire daily.
- “Write-ups” of staff: If a FOH staff member violates our established practices and rules, it is the maître d’s job to send them an email and copy the administrative team on it. When they are late, bring their cell phones, don’t show up in required attire etc. they are being sent a written warning.
- Coordinates the restaurant’s reservations when necessary and communicates with guests on their reservation needs (reservation software Eveve, confirmation of reservations via text message; no phone calls!)
- Assigns tables, welcomes & seats guests; recommends wine and special dishes
- Reacts to guests’ needs at all times and maintains client satisfaction
- Encourages happy guests’ online reviews
- Handles guests’ complaints and feedback in a professional manner, according to the restaurant’s standards. Makes the owner & managers aware of guest’s comments and/or complaints.
- Says “good-by” to the guests, encourages them to come back soon.
- Reconciles daily lunch and dinner shift reports (including void, comp & discount reports) Ensures that cashier drawers are balanced
Technology and Apps
- Implements and latest technology available to the restaurant industry
- Makes full use of existing apps, such as Canvas and Stock Control
Management & Employee Manuals
- Update of Existing Manuals
Restaurant Set-Up & Maintenance
- Ensures all restaurant facilities are stocked and cleanliness maintained.
- Enforces standards, procedures and policies in accordance with established standards.
- Performs daily walkthrough of interior and exterior of facility
- Maintains ambiance by controlling appropriate lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitors food presentation & proper service of food & wine at all times
- Ensures facility and product is secure and properly set at days’ end.
- Ensures proper arrangement of all inside, deck and patio furniture, flowers, all design objects, sandwich board, advertising material and pillows, as well as table set-up
- Ensures propane tanks for outside heaters are filled and ready to use
- Calls plumbers or other maintenance personnel if needed; Performs a follow-up
- Troubleshoots technical issue
- Expert knowledge of wine and the selling thereof
- Expert knowledge of POS systems (including credit card refunds, POS trouble-shooting, gift certificate sales)
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to streamline the establishment’s operation
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Aptitude to think “out-of-the-box”
- Excellent math & writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Meticulous attention to details
- Charismatic yet serious personality
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work well with people and promote growth.
- Must perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Excluded responsibilities: The maître d’ does not have the authority to hire or fire. He/she will not be responsible for scheduling. The maître d’, however, is authorized to adjust FOH staff shifts by deciding when they can leave the restaurant.
It is, however, of utmost importance that the maître d’ ensures that all FOH employees assume their assigned roles in a professional manner and as stipulated by the French Alpine Bistro’s guidelines.
free lunch - medical plans available for purchase; discounted ski passes
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Aspen, CO 81611 (Required)
- English fluently; Spanish is a plus (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.