London HQ 🌍 Bristol UK, Melbourne, Tel-Aviv, East Coast USA | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with Founders, Financial
Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in the life of an Assistant Finance Manager
As an Assistant Finance Manager you will have a robust technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting including management accounts, VAT, payroll, year end compliance and advisory issues suitable for high-growth businesses.
You will impact the whole business through high quality work, strong client relationships, company decision making, best practice and leading by example. You will contribute to the growth of the firm by being part of ihorizon's management team and will be heard and valued as a key member of the team.
● ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified with minimum 5 years practice experience.
● Experience of accounting using FRS102 for small entities.
● Experience of managing and building strong client relationships
● Ability to make technical and commercial decisions
● Excellent IT skills including Xero and Excel
● Ability to lead teams and inspire junior staff
● Ability to delegate, ensure timely delivery of work and meet company KPIs
● Self-motivated with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver top quality work
● Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
● Excellent communication skills - in person and written
The Role & Responsibilities
● Responsible for up to 3 portfolio accounting teams, each one led by future leaders
with a team of juniors
● Stewardship of quality of work, technical accuracy, client relationships and SLA of the
work performed by your teams
● Conducting weekly one-to-one’s and monthly Personal Development Plan meetings
with your direct reports
● Identifying training needs of your teams and working with the Training Manager to
ensure delivery of this training
● Reviewing the daily output of your team’s client work - monthly management
accounts, VAT returns, draft statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
● Ensuring the services provided are of the standard need to achieve our vision of being
the founders choice
● Managing new client’s on-boarding setup and workflow management with your
What we offer you
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖ Autonomous and flexible work style
(+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks,
and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have
the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 22 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas Eve to NY office closure.
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume