We are recruiting a Product Manager for one of our portfolio businesses, a Primary Care Electronic Health Records provider called Microtest.
We are a mission-driven and ambitious organisation seeking to revolutionise the software used to deliver GP services and community care in the UK.
Microtest is at the start of a new chapter in its long history. With a new CEO, new investors and a refocused strategy, the company is making significant changes to ensure that the company can thrive in its mission to revolutionise the way the NHS engages and supports citizens to live their healthiest lives.
About The Role
We are currently working on modernising our core GP clinical software which is already in production in the NHS. This is a product management role, reporting directly to the Head of Product, working closely with a team of engineers, members of senior management, end users and external stakeholders to bring the back end of the tech stack up to standard, and lay the foundations for us to build a best-in-class solution.
You’ll be building the future of healthcare. The product we are developing sits at the heart of
the NHS infrastructure and UK healthcare data. We envisage a solution that can support the
NHS and PHE in making data-driven decisions, assist healthcare workers in providing safe
and informed person-centered care, and empower patients to better engage with their own
care. You will be responsible for:
- Being the product expert on the products you are assigned to work on, and being the source of knowledge on your owned workstreams (planning, documenting, functionality)
- Gathering and prioritising end user and external stakeholder insight to inform new areas for product development
- Managing and finding ways to meet requirements from various internal and external stakeholders; lead dialogues with internal stakeholders on the trade-offs between different requirements, sequencing and any conflicts across customer groups (eg, England v Scotland)
- Working with designers and developers to define user stories, manage the product backlog, and deliver to the specifications and requirements
- Owning your products’ roadmap and inputting into the global product roadmap
- Creating product documentation for end users, technical partners, and sales
- Leading clinical safety and internal/external assurance process for your workstream
- Listening to the market including awareness of competitors and trends in the market that could help shape our products to be more competitive
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of bringing your products to market - any additional revenue streams that could be generated from it, over and above the core product revenue for GP IT Futures solutions
- A keen interest in health technology, medicine, and the wider healthcare sector
- Knowledge and ongoing interest in the market and industry trends
- Prioritisation skills, problem solving skills, and ability to independently remain on objective
- Ability to both zoom in on the detail, and be able to see the bigger picture.
- Experience with software development processes
- Working with JIRA and Confluence, or similar tools
- Operating in a cross functional team, and being effective without direct line management responsibility
- Ability to lead meetings and engage internally and externally to deliver on your objectives
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- A completer / finisher who likes to get the work done efficiently and to a high quality.
range £35,000 — 60,000
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.