Project Manager-Watershed/Stormwater Scientist
Impact7G, an Iowa-based environment professional services firm, seeks a highly motivated, self- directed individual with a strong background in project management, watershed science, and designing stormwater best management practices such as stormwater wetlands and bioretention cells. As a project manager and designer, you will have the opportunity to work on projects you design through the entire project’s life cycle. Our designers are involved from initial concept and fieldwork through construction and long-term monitoring allowing our team to conduct adaptive management and apply innovative techniques to future restoration projects. Preference will be given to those with experience in managing projects, designing stormwater wetlands, identifying native plants, classifying soils, stream assessment and/or restoration design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The desired candidate’s responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Watershed planning, design and management of stormwater BMPs, soil investigation, river restoration, wetland restoration and other stormwater and restoration related design projects;
- Coordination of project teams, client contact and communication, review of designs for quality assurance and control, providing design evaluations, technical reports, specifications, design plans, construction schedules and cost estimates;
- Review background information for projects with critical thinking and understanding of the bigger watershed picture (i.e. Topo maps, Google Earth maps; National Wetland Inventory maps; etc.);
- Complete accurate field reconnaissance and investigations/assessments, including data element collection, photo documentation;
- Collaborate with a talented team of biologists, ecologists, geomorphologists, engineers, and regulatory experts;
- Participate in meetings with clients/stakeholders as requested and maintain collaborative and positive relationships; Required to maintain professionalism with staff, clients, regulatory personnel, and other professionals; and
- Development of scope and fee and assist with responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
Qualifications & Skills
- B.S. degree in Geology, Water/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field;
- Strong technical design experience in stormwater best management practices, wetland/river restoration, and design procedures;
- Technical experience is in hydrologic analysis (TR-55, rational method, water budget);
- Ability to work independently with an aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and new challenges;
- Experience in implementation of aquatic and riparian habitat restoration and wetland mitigation projects;
- Ability to navigate through rough terrain and dense vegetation;
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities;
- Competency with Microsoft Office software is required including document preparation;
- Basic experience using ArcGIS for digitizing, georeferencing, and cartography;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to travel occasionally to sites as needed. Overnight stays occasionally are required; and
- Flexible working style and the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs.
- M.S. degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related discipline;
- Experience with watershed planning tools such as ACPF, GIS-based SWAT or SWAT+, RUSLE, ArcSLAMM;
- Experience with hydraulic modeling and design (HEC-RAS);
- Basic knowledge of Quaternary geology, stratigraphic nomenclature, and geological processes;
- Experience delivering stormwater engineering, floodplain analyses, hydraulic and hydrology investigation, stream/wetland crediting as well as stream and wetland restoration design;
- Construction monitoring experience conducted grade checks, performed bid spec reviews, and has evaluated design performance milestones in the field;
- Experience with competitive funding applications such as State Revolving Fund Sponsored Projects;
- Prior consulting employment experience preferred;
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as necessary to complete projects and work tasks on time;
- Ability to make detailed descriptions of soils using NRCS nomenclature; and
- Basic knowledge of soil genesis and soil-geomorphology.
Impact7G is a small and growing environmental professional services firm headquartered in Clive, Iowa, with branch offices in Coralville, Slater, and Sioux City, Iowa, and Nashville, TN . See the website for information on our Watershed Planning and Design Department as well as our other services.
Impact7G offers a benefit package with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as personal time off, personal wellness incentives, long term disability insurance and a company 401K plan, with optional life and short-term disability insurance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, indicating availability, along with your CV/resume, including 3 references, as a PDF or Word file.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.