- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
The Lead Designer - Conversational Commerce is responsible for user experience design of initiatives impacting the conversational channels. The Lead Designer - Conversational Commerce guides, leads, and influences a team of UX/UI Designers performing complex workflow analysis, designs, and converting business objectives into detailed blueprints and requirements to be used during the implementation of new and / or improved conversational products of all company initiatives.
This role uses UX design best practices, conceptual models, personas, trends, and internal documentation standards to perform complex conversational designs (Voice, Chats, and coming voice technology trends) for company projects and initiatives. The UX Design Conversational Lead works closely with our cross-functional team of designers, architects, and content developers to draft complex interaction flows, VUI design, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications for all conversational channels.
The Lead Designer - Conversational Commerce manages, mentors and trains a specialized group of Designers and uses various tools and the acquired knowledge of TracFone’s processes and systems to review any conversational channel design and design documentation produced by any UX Design team member to make sure best practices are followed.
Finally, this position plays a key role as the subject matter expert in TracFone’s conversational channels and performs a liaison function between the business side of the organization and the technical (IT) side.
Lead Design Efforts
- Lead and responsible for the UX/UI solution’s design execution and correct documentation of major conversational company initiatives typically impacting multiple processes, services and/or brands.
- Provide both technical and functional mentorship to cross-functional UX and UI Design team members.
- Provide creative and experiential leadership during the creation of conceptual diagrams, wireframes, UI mockups, prototypes, and VUI specifications.
- Regular participation in the creation of user stories, sprint planning sessions, and design reviews.
- Guide and support cross functional teams during the implementation of company initiatives.
UX/UI Design Architecture and Strategy
- Collaborate with definition of the UX solution’s design and execution strategy for major conversational company initiatives typically impacting multiple processes, services and/or brands.
- Partner with business, product and other impacting key customer experience teams to shape the vision for brand interactions that are as usable, accessible, and memorable.
- Ensure that design solutions are user-centric, cohesive, provide an exceptional holistic user experience, and achieve business goals.
- Ensure that design UX best practices in the market/industry are being used.
- Help define the conversational channels UX documentation guidelines and standards in collaboration with the UX/UI Design Architecture & Conversational channels, Sr. Manager.
Conversational User Interface and User Experience Design
- Design Voice User Interfaces (VUI) and User Experience (UX) solutions for major company projects.
- Develops high-level and detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interaction and design ideas.
- Creates voice user interface (VUI) design in collaboration with UX Designers, Product Owners and IT Dev. Define and extend voice persona for various new product areas.
- Creates guidelines, detailed requirements, and resources for third-party developers to assist in VUI design and prompt writing. Coach voice talent for persona and context, both linguistic and psychosocial.
- Uses voice user interface design best practices and guidelines along with a high level of analytical reasoning, creative problem solving, common sense, and acquired TracFone knowledge.
User Experience Research
- Partner with user researchers on discovery and usability efforts.
- Analyze market research, personas, customer feedback, site metrics, focus groups and usability findings to incorporate learnings in the design strategy and provide better experiences for TracFone brands and customer types.
- Evaluates usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
- Perform ad hoc reports as well as other department workload and performance reports.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist in team building and growing the Conversational team’s talents.
- Identify and propose training opportunities to assure skillset is maintained up to date according to industry trends and continuously improve the department’s work quality and efficiency.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems/Software Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or Digital majors. Other Engineering disciplines may also be considered.
- BS / BA is acceptable with some research/ analytical work, conversational user interface / user experience knowledge.
- Master’s Degree in all of the above disciplines may also be considered.
- Master’s Degree in general is a plus for the position.
- 5 years of experience in designing voice applications or multimodal speech interfaces
- Successfully lead the implementation of significant conversational initiatives throughout their complete lifecycle.
- Experience in designing voice interaction flows and prototyping voice user experiences.
- Experience in working with personas to write copy in persona.
- Experience in implementing innovative, successful consumer voice experiences.
- Ability to produce precise VUI specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge on TracFone brands, systems, and change management processes.
- Proven record of driving business results; proven ability to understand complex business logics and to deliver or propose adequate and feasible solutions.
- Proven effectiveness at mentoring / coaching other engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team to achieve goals.
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas into compelling customer experiences, flows, wireframes, and voice interaction design.
- Creative design thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive, Self-motivated with little or no supervision.
- A high level of motivation and flexibility are critical.
- Eagerness to learn and grow and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for building great user experiences, and for great design.
- Ability to communicate ideas in a professional manner to a diverse audience and constructively integrate feedback.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc).
- Knowledge of Jira or similar issue tracking systems.
- Design principles and/or Human-Centered interaction experience.
- SQL knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, listening skills and non-verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired
- Must possess adequate leadership skills to lead and facilitate UX efforts.
- Demonstrated skills in effective communication, execution, innovation, and planning/priority setting.
- Ability to conduct complex and interactive workshops.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.