At West Point Contractors, Inc, the future is yours to create. Our employee-centered culture allows you to find the right path for you. With a dedicated staff in a variety of locations, we offer a wide range of construction services in both the private and public sectors: aviation, environmental, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, commercial building, solar construction, and water resources.
Our employees know West Point Contractors, Inc. as a great place to work where our core purpose is to provide an environment for our employees to flourish.
Description of role:
West Point Contractors currently has a need for a Project Manager responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of our construction projects located in Leemore or Edwards Air Force Base. The ideal candidate will be located in the Edwards AFB/Lancaster, California area.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Coordinate communication between key stakeholders and team
- Monitor costs to ensure profitability and margins are within standards
- Monitor and report resources and day to day operations
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
- Coordinate efforts with project teams to manage resources to meet project schedule
- Coordinate with project teams to develop comprehensive plans for project start-ups and successful kick-offs
- Create an environment where dynamic project communication occurs between team to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e., costs, revenue and schedule
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, vendors, partners, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base
- Ensure accurate project reports for continuous improvement in performance
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Build and manage a team with numerous and varying skills
- Budget and track costs
- Schedule appropriate personnel
- Verify that team members are working effectively and safely
- Develop project budgets
- Set up estimates for changes to contracts
- Assemble project contracts
- Negotiate buyout during the contracting process
- Schedule and manage project team effectively and efficiently
- Understand, evaluate, and maintain project schedules
- Schedule supplies and suppliers to have the proper equipment and material on site to complete the project, and efficiently manage mobilization and demobilization of equipment and materials
- Verify compliance of contract and maintain document controls.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Keep record of and verify all expenses of the project and to which aspect of project to which they pertain
- Demonstrate Team Building Skills
- Ability to develop, establish, and implement department-related procedures to be used company-wide
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field is required
- 7+ years’ progressive experience in vertical and heavy civil environments
- Experience in federal or public environments
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience with government contracting
- Knowledge of construction, tenant improvements, repairs/alterations, and heavy civil
- Maintain the ability to work in high-production environment
- Demonstrated decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with construction, estimating, and project management software (HeavyBid, Buildertrend, MS Project, Primavera P6, or similar)
- Project Management experience in civil construction preferred
- Experience in design-build projects preferred
Indeed Hire and West Point Contractors, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- vertical and heavy civil environment: 7 years (Required)
- government contracting: 3 years (Required)
- construction, estimating, and project management software (HeavyBid, Buildertrend, MS Project, Primavera P6, or similar): 2 years (Required)
- military bases or federal construction sites: 3 years (Required)
- project manager: 5 years (Required)
- Edwards AFB, CA: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.