Infrastructure Product Owner - Richfield, MN or Atlanta, GA-200008855
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking an Infrastructure Product Owner with experience working in Agile that can contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
The Product Owner (PO) partners closely with customers (internal and external), the business line(s) and Agile teams to drive the evolution of the assigned product(s). The POs are responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog to deliver on business vision and priorities. The POs provide constant feedback to the business line(s) and Agile teams in support of delivery and evolution of the product. The PO must develop a well-rounded understanding of the customer’s needs that are aligned with business objectives as well as an ability to develop close relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain and refine product backlog; create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Acts as primary liaison between the business and Agile teams, ensuring the teams understand vision for the products.
- Work closely in a hands-on style with Infrastructure Product team including addressing daily prioritization needs, providing real-time feedback and answering questions on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Product Owners/Engineering Managers to set release goals, determine when sufficient value has been delivered to release to market, understand tradeoffs between schedule, scope and budget and communicates this information to the organization.
- Provide leadership to Infrastructure Product team including the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria, selecting stories to go into any given sprint, managing backlog, organizing sprints within customer releases, and making determinations on definition of done (whether story/feature/epic is complete).
- Help to define MVP (minimum viable product) based on value with a focus on customer and empowering team(s) to contribute and collaborate with business/customers.
- Employ product management practices and tactics as needed from both Product Discovery and Product Delivery including customer research, data and analytics, and market research.
- Facilitate incremental and frequent delivery to production by utilizing short feedback loops to gain insight from customers but also confirmation of understanding through both customer demos and prototype reviews
- Partners with scrum master to collect and radiate key metrics with a focus on outcomes vs output.
- Collaborates extensively with scrum teams, provides motivation and ensures the teams are aligned around shared vision, goals and objectives, drive and facilitate Quarterly Planning ceremonies and processes inclusive of other product owners (at scale), leaders and representatives from the dependent, collaborative teams to enable a network of connected teams.
- Continuously works with key internal and external stakeholders to understand product requirements while leveraging a solid understanding of the assigned business line’s banking industry knowledge.
- Act as the voice of the team to all key stakeholders and ensures all channels of communication are open and that products have the appropriate amount of support required to succeed.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Three to five years of related experience
Standard industry certifications such as SAFe Agile Product Owner
Thorough understanding of the Lean/Agile mindset
Strong leadership, customer service, and communications skills.
Ability to work in an agile environment and build relationships with varied teams to accomplish shared goals.
Organized, detail-oriented with ability to understand big picture and make risk appropriate tradeoffs.
Ability and willingness to leverage and learn new tools or shift process to construct agnostic solutions where needed.
Working experience in:
- Scrum master or Product Owner role
- Infrastructure team experience desired
Desired Experience In:
- Service Now or ITSM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Atlassian Jira, CollabNet VersionOne, or backlog management tools
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills including ability to collaborate with and empower teams
- Proficient computer navigation skills
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Other Locations Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.