Summary/Objective The interior designer’s role is to draw and prepare plans to be used in the construction of the project. The design space will very between small to large and is not limited to a residential space only. The designer should be familiar with different types of products and materials including their functionality in the space. Their work should have an artistic appeal, yet be functional at the same time, adapted to the purposes of the everyday living and working of the client. The Designer should be able to collaborate with architects and other specialists and consult with the owners of the space to create the best design. They will also maintain a professional, ethical, and positive attitude with a high level of customer service.
- Attend & facilitate client meetings
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements of the project
- Consider how the space will be used and how people will move through the space
- Sketch preliminary design plans in 2D or 3D based on the project
- Specify materials and fixtures, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures
- Create cabinet designs & layout with accurate measurements and style to fit the working space
- Prepare final plans, using computer applications
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Visit after the project to ensure that the client is satisfied
- Presentation Skills.
- Organization & Time Management/Detail Oriented
- Phone Etiquette
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative and work well independently and within a team environment
- A progressive sense of style, to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing
- Ability to be imaginative in selecting fixtures and materials and in creating spaces that serve the client’s needs and fit the client’s lifestyle.
- The aptitude to be precise in measuring interior spaces and making drawings, so that materials and fixtures will fit correctly and create the appropriate environment.
- Communicate effectively with clients, vendors, subcontractors, engineers & architects and any others related to the completion of the project.
- The capacity to address challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials, while keeping the project on time and within budget.
- Strong sense of proportion and visual awareness, to understand how pieces of a design will fit together to create the intended interior environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Administrative 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design required
- 5-10 years of experience Remodeling/Construction Industry
- Must be proficient in the following: AutoCAD, Revit, Chief Architect, 2020 Design Software, Microsoft Office
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass a drug screening & background check
- Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation with clean driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 2020 Cabinet Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Interior Design (Residential Construction): 5 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.