If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Product Engineering Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing assigned projects while maintaining compliance with Flowserve policies. The Product Engineering Project Manager shall advise leadership and/or business executives about the status and resource loading of assigned projects across the company.
The Product Engineering Project Manager will plan, direct, and ensure the successful outcome of projects utilizing the assigned project teams, as well as standards, practices, and toolsets established within Flowserve.
The position shall support the efforts of management in identifying, evaluating and developing project management methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice, while maintaining compliance with Flowserve policies regarding the execution and oversight of projects.
Provide project leadership that encourages team enthusiasm and innovation
- Identifies, seeks approval of, and coordinates assignment of internal and external Flowserve resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives
- Provide strategic direction to project teams as well as tactically handle the day to day project execution and communications
- Collaborates with functional managers in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
- Ensures that assigned Flowserve projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
- Work within an enthusiastic team to further refine our project management philosophies, capabilities, processes and tools. Applies/Communicates project management standards and best practices.
- Ensures compliance of project execution with Flowserve policies regarding execution of projects, including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the completeness of a business case justifying each project, and a project charter to define the scope and ensuring a high quality of requirements definition
- Ensuring that Gate Reviews are conducted according to the standardized expectations for completion by phase
- Ensuring that individual project budgets reconcile with the overall approved budget and forecasted spend
- Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the status and issues of assigned projects
- For assigned projects, acts through the project core team to define and manage:
- Project scope
- Risk Management (develop plan to identify, analyze and manage project risk)
- Project Documentation
- Lessons Learned
- Actively promote the sites safety program and ensure all safety policies are followed on projects.
- Perform all required trainings on time, which include safety trainings, import/export compliance, and ISO quest training.
Responsibilities & Requirements: · 3-5 years’ experience in program/project management (preferably in technical field)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but open to a combination of experience/associates degree + PMP)
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Excellent estimating, scheduling & budgeting skills
- Ability to independently identify and resolve project issues
- Proven experience in influencing and leading
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, including meeting and workshop facilitation experience
- Excellent team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and show a high sense of urgency
- Proficient in project management software (MS Project, Planview, Primavera, Clarity, or others)
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Greenbelt, Blackbelt or Lean training experience preferred
- Rotating equipment experience
Primary Posting Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Project Manager
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 49824BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.