Build a rewarding career
Southern Cross & The Spear Group, sister companies, partner to present you the next opportunity for your career. When you partner with the Spear Group for your next role, you’ll be working alongside an experienced team who truly understands the challenges of your sector. We’ll take the time to appreciate the types of projects you enjoy, as well as the work environments you thrive in. With over 30 years of experience, we have deep networks and serve top-tier companies across North America. Explore our current postings and submit your resume to start the conversation today.
The Project Manager manages key client projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Preferred - Primary Skills/Qualifications:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Hire new talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Desired - Experience and Education:
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/process/lab preferred.
Salary: Competitive Salary offerings
Benefits: Paid Leave, 401-K, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Spear Group, Inc. and our PEO, Oasis Outsourcing, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All personnel actions are effected without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status pursuant to law. As a responsible organization, we resolutely support the concept and practice of Equal Employment Opportunity. We uphold federal, state, and local civil rights laws and work to ensure that all of our personnel actions and policies are in compliance. Additionally, we recognize and value the importance and diversity of our work force and support its various cultures. The Companies are dedicated to fostering an environment that respects the dignity, rights and contributions of our employees.
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.