Watson Civil Construction, Inc. is a heavy/highway contractor specializing in FDOT projects, large site infrastructure, underground, and road work with more than 200 employees working throughout Florida. We are a dynamic rapidly growing company that is currently seeking a Project Manager in the Jacksonville, FL area.
The primary role of the Project Manager will be to lead and manage all field operations on their assigned projects, including but not limited to supervising project engineers, superintendents, foreman, managing subcontractors and vendors, quality control, safety management, and equipment utilization and coordination. The Project Manager will be the main contact for the customer and we are looking for a leader with strong communication skills.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, in compliance, within budget, and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Scheduling for profitable project completion including preparing global project schedules, weekly look ahead schedules, and tracking progress for appropriate completion of projects.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Collaborates and attends meetings with management, engineering personnel, inspectors, clients, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Following QA/QC protocol by inspecting work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated.
- Manage compliance with contract specifications and federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Enforces all safety policies with superintendents, foreman, crews, and subcontractors on site.
- Interviews, hires, and ensures training for site employees regarding job function and safety standards.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work assignments for employees.
- Handles employee evaluations, performance appraisals, and disciplinary actions.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering is required with a Florida PE license registration.
- Previous supervisory experience on FDOT projects is a must.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of construction including underground utilities, grading, earthwork, roadwork, engineering plans, project planning, subcontractors, and procurement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of construction methods, inspections, and tests.
- OSHA certified competent person.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
Health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability
401(k) with company match
Automobile or automobile allowance
PTO and paid holidays
Watson Civil Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Civil Construction: 1 year (Required)
- FDOT: 1 year (Required)
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.