Seeking a mid to senior level Project Manager to be based in West Palm Beach, FL to support delivery of a portfolio of projects under a water infrastructure based Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
As a Water Utilities Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating projects from inception to completion. You will provide professional and technical work in contract administration, contract compliance, and management for a wide variety of complex, speciality and/or high-value water utilities projects.
Your work will include:
- extensive coordination of project activities with County departments, Water Utilities divisions, consultants, regulatory agencies and contractors.
- acting as the owner's representative for all activities related to the capital improvement program, including municipal relations, permitting assistance, and traditional project management activities
- conducting and coordinating special engineering studies or construction projects involving expansion of water, wastewater, or reclaimed water facilities
Your Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project scope, budget and schedule development and ongoing monitoring,
- Contract monitoring, contract change negotiations, field review, occupancy transition and project closeout)
- Update project-level risks and mitigation measures regularly
- Prepare and manage all contract agreements and associated amendments.
- Participate in program and plan reviews and provide comprehensive project status reporting, as required by the clients
- Manage and facilitate project meetings with consultants and contractors, all project participants, as appropriate.
- Review all project related deliverables
- Liaise with project vendors to ensure county documentation and reporting is appropriately prepared.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with major water infrastructure projects, preferably large-diameter pipelines, lift stations and/or rehabilitation and replacement improvements of treatment facilities
- Previous experience in managing projects and project reporting
- Highly skilled in MS Office tools, including MS Project
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed manner while handling multiple and shifting priorities, as an individual contributor and team member
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary writing and oral communication skills, including capability to reduce complexity and volume to clarity
Education and Experience
- BS or BS/MS in civil or environmental engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in pipelines, reservoirs, water, wastewater, or water resources. 10+ years of experience preferred.
- Previous experience with water utilities programs
- Also desirable: Licensed Professional Engineer (Florida or other states), and PMP certification
- Experience as water treatment operator, or waste water engineer, water utilities, or water quality is desired
- Additional experience as a water utilities systems engineer or water plant operator experience is also a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- project management: 7 years (Required)
- Water Utilities: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- PMI-PMP (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.