Zenni Optical pioneered the online eyewear business in 2003 to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in Marin County, California, Zenni offers men, women, and children the freedom to express their personal style and individuality through high-quality prescription glasses and sunglasses. With its curated collections and thousands of frames, Zenni has sold over 25 million pairs of glasses since its founding. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear Partner of the Chicago Bulls and the San Francisco 49ers.
Life at Zenni
- Work alongside talented and entrepreneurial people with diverse work and life experience
- Feel empowered with your tasks and projects in a flat, collaborative org
- Opportunities for growth at a highly successful and financially stable company
- Join a team that's passionate about our product and our customers
- Be featured with your Zennis in employee photo shoots for marketing materials
The Zenni Product / UX Design team works across departments to maximize the customer experience while achieving business goals. We partner with internal stakeholders to bring new features to life and identify areas of friction for our customers. We plan user research, product architecture, and deliver final interfaces for our digital products. We’re a small, growing team within the larger creative design team.
Zenni is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product / User Experience Team. The ideal designer loves all things user experience and has a background designing responsive web sites and applications that delight customers. You will help solve tough design problems, engage industry best practices, and help define internal processes. You will work closely with key cross-functional partners-site merchandisers, creative designers, copywriters and development teams to help carry out e-commerce initiatives and create digital products that lead the online eyewear industry. You will help manage outside vendors and agencies, when needed, and be the bridge between their teams and ours. This role reports to the Director, Design and Brand Strategy and is based in Novato, CA*
This position will initially be remote but will be based at Zenni's corporate office in Marin County (Novato, CA) after shelter in place orders are lifted.
*Local Candidates only
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to improve features and bring new concepts to life.
- Gain a deep understanding of the problem (or problems) we’re solving. Help define what is important to focus on for product success.
- Translate complex user/business goals into simple, beautiful and user-friendly solutions.
- Engage UX best practices, help define internal processes, and evangelize UX and Design thinking throughout the organization.
- Create customer flow-charts, wireframes, and interactive prototypes with InVision that represent final
- products or layouts.
- Create intuitive interfaces that optimize user interaction and experience, based on data.
- Help define success metrics for product improvements
- Help develop style guide along with a digital asset library to support our Design System Manager.
- Stay abreast of competitor products, latest UX trends and best practices.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Interview customers for UX research purposes.
- Rapidly iterate on design solutions using appropriate tools like wireframes, interaction flows, user stories, screen specs, personas, scenarios, storyboards and task flows.
- Organize and plan user research, including conducting usability testing with mockups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with UX Design team on methodology, individual feature designs, internal tools and libraries.
- 5+ years experience designing for multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer or similar role.
- Strong portfolio of recent work and/or case studies.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite).
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously and work well in a deadline driven environment.
- Highly skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent listener, effective communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Design experience with both web and mobile platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers to implement and realize the design vision
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive 100% paid employee health benefits
- 401k with company match
- Annual employee eyeglasses stipend
- Free breakfast and catered lunch daily
- Free onsite parking
- Great work-life balance
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.