The Project Manager oversees the progress of each assigned project along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. They will be responsible for organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects. They make sure the scope of the project is sound, reporting regularly on the progress of the project and that it is staying on the approved schedule
- Coordination of steel detailing including the submission and processing of shop drawings for approval and fabrication
- Act as liaison between office, shop, customer, and General Contractor
- Take field measurements for fabrication of steel
- Manage erectors and onsite deliveries
- Perform the maintenance and processing of RFIs.
- Create Change Orders
- Create some detailing work as required
- Take off quantities for steel scope from Architectural and structural drawing
- Proficient with architectural/structural blueprint reading and steel shop drawing packages
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures.
- Must be very organized and able to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle client complaint issues tactfully.
- Must be able to read, write and orally communicate in English
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Tekla steel detailing software is an added qualification
- 2 years’ experience in steel construction industry as a project manager/Detailer/Estimator.
- Construction management, architectural and/or engineering degree/diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Position requires as many hours needed to fulfill the daily and weekly obligations required to carry out the functions. Working long days including evenings and Saturdays can be required for this position.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE THESE QUALITIES, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME. THANK YOU.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Steel Detailing: 2 years (Required)
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.