A locally-owned steel fabrication company in Bellingham, Washington is hiring for a Project Manager. Our organization specializes in building and assembling structural steel projects serving a local and national footprint.
We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period. This position offers a career building opportunity and includes potential for role expansion.
For a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits, the Project Manager will manage all activities associated with the planning, construction and completion of assigned projects that is consistent with our company values for delivering high quality products. This may include oversight and coordination with fabricators, estimators and other staff.
Key Job Requirements:
· 5+ years related experience as a Project Manager in the structural steel industry OR 5 years' experience as a Project Coordinator/Engineer along with 3 years detailing/drafting/computer modeling experience or equivalent.
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business may substitute for 3 years of the required experience
Key Job Expectations:
· Reviews project proposals and plans to determine time frames, funding limitations, any field requirements including foresight on installation requirements and planning, procedures for project completion, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases.
· Manages the production of project estimates, develops project plan and schedule, establishes measures and milestones, and tracks ongoing progress, while proactively managing risks, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of the project
· Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables and be able to work effectively with clients.
· Directs, coordinates, and monitors activities being completed by project teams to ensure the overall quality of work
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions and implement a course of action.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with a customer service orientation.
· Ensures that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
· Responsible for project outcomes through effective project planning, task definition, scope management, resource allocation and negotiation, risk mitigation, cost management, and stakeholder communication.
· Maintains customer relations by meeting with customers/vendors to identify barriers with resolutions to maximize production/minimize costs.
· Meets and confers with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
· Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure company interests are protected.
· Work environment is primarily limited to office and shop. Visits job site as needed and required. This may consist of out-of-state travel.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 5 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume