The Collier Companies Development team is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager
A Bit About Us:
The Collier Companies is a privately owned provider of over 11,000 apartment homes throughout the southeast. Community locations include Tallahassee, Gainesville, Orlando as well as Athens and Statesboro, Georgia. Within the Collier Companies there are several departments including the development department. This department is the owner’s representative throughout the course of the design and construction of new apartment communities from land acquisition through certificate of occupancy. The development team works with numerous third parties throughout the lifecycle of a project; ultimately handing off the completed community to the operations division of the company upon receipt of certificate of occupancy. At any one time there are several projects going across the state of Florida and throughout the southeast. This department is looking to fill the position of Assistant Project Manager as the company continues to surpass its growth goals.
Planning, Design, Permitting, Estimates, Bidding, and Buy-out
Prepare preliminary estimates during the design phase of work.
Coordination of drawings and design of the professionals involved in the project.
Consult with the Project Manager to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
Perform material take offs and distribute to vendors for pricing.
Receive the bids, analyze same, and consult with Senior Management before award of contracts.
Ensure that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance are on file prior to commencement of work by any general contractor.
Ensure that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been received.
Investigate cost savings methods, materials, procedures, and generally keep abreast of the state-of-the-art techniques.
Prepare and maintain bid packages for each project
Summary of third-party contracts for executive team
Maintenance of action item list for all ongoing projects
- Review and update construction schedule with Project Manager weekly.
- Maintain a current “stick” set of plans in the office.
- Distribute revised plans and specifications to the Project Manager, Director of Construction, and Executive team.
- Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, seek approval as necessary, and approve shop drawings and submittals.
- Maintain a record of change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
- Assist the Project Manager in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction schedule and/or budget.
Advise project team of any potential impacts to project schedule or budget.
Maintain forms for administering each project.
Interact with subcontractors and general contractors to resolve contractual disputes.
Request all safety related documentation.
Confer with the Project Manager daily regarding problems that may arise.
Preparing payment application packages for the bank draws throughout the project
- Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Assist in and ensure the accuracy of the final project cost.
- Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Provide documentation needed for Owner’s close out manual.
- Ensuring onsite staff has all documentation needed for maintenance of property.
- Preparation of after-action report detailing pitfalls and successes of project.
Assist with warranty coordination on an as needed basis.
- Payment and tracking of invoices
- Maintenance of cloud-based file system for various projects
- Tracking of overall project costs via Excel tables
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience: Minimum of 1 internship in the construction field with stable employment history and several references.
Technical skills: Proficient in Bluebeam, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project; knowledge of Procore, Timberline, and Phoenix software a plus.
- OSHA 10- or 30-hour card preferred.
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Business Attire
- Valid Driver’s License
The Collier Companies offer a rich benefits package! After 60 days, employee will receive benefits of paid vacation, Health, Dental, LTD and group life insurance. After 90 days, you are eligible to enroll in our 401K match in the next enrollment period.
Job Type: Full-time
Please mention that you come from ManageForThem
when applying for this job.